In light of the developing situation with Covid 19 in regards to reduced social interactions we would like to communicate to you steps which we are taking in order to protect you and keep us all safe.
In maintaining best care for all our current clients we have put the following options in place:
As working with children entails closer contact it will be more difficult to maintain the guidelines in relation to social distancing, therefore therapy sessions for children age 12 and under will discontinue until the current school closures are lifted.
Therapy sessions will continue to be offered to adolescent and adults provided the following health
guidelines are being met:
- If you have returned from one of the affected areas outlined on the HSE website then please make contact with us prior to attending for your next appointment.
- If you feel you may have been in close proximity to a suspected or confirmed case please do not attend for therapy sessions and please also notify us so that we may take the necessary precautions and interventions.
- If you feel that you have any of the symptoms associated with Covid 19 we suggest you contact your GP by phone for further advice prior to attending for a counselling appointment.
For individuals who choose to continue with therapy at this time please be assured that measures are being taken seriously to prevent the spread of infection:
- We will be adhering to the public health advice protocol with regard to handshaking, handwashing and social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser is available to use in the therapy room.
- Disposable cups, bottled drinking water as well as disposable packets of tissues are also available.
For individuals who do not wish to attend the therapy practice but feel they may be affected by the absence of therapy please contact your therapist to discuss options available to you [e.g. telephone or online counselling sessions].
For individuals who cancel appointments there will be no penalties and once the isolation phase passes all remaining contracted sessions will be completed. Please rest assured that your face-to-face counselling/therapy sessions will resume as usual once this period of containment and isolation has passed.
We will continue to take new clients provided they adhere to the health guidelines outlined above and
we assure you that sanitization measures are being taken seriously in the practice to reduce the risk of infection.
We wish everyone well during this difficult time. Please don’t hesitate in contacting us so we can support you in the best way possible
Nettie Bowie M.A, H.Dip, B.A.